Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tell me it aint so!

Ok. To start off with, thank you to everyone for coming. Don't know exactly what held everyone up, but I can imagine (traffic, nagging girlfriends, who knows), Secondly, I'll be the first to say I can play better. Don't know if it's the fact that I didn't warm up properly or what, but I certainly wasn't 100% in the game.

As I see it. Aguilar was not a good team, but they were a team. They all seemed to know each other- where they were running, what kind of passes to serve, who can convert on a cross, etc. We, on the other hand, for obvious reasons, lacked a bit of that.

We played differently from the last game- not quite as compact, and not quite as aggressive. Aguilar was very good at piling up their people up front. That was the secret to their first goal. Their second goal was my mistake. Although I would have loved to think my man was offside, if he was it was just by a hair. I should have had him.

What we did well. Communication I think was a bit better in this game. Using J*** as a playmaker also seemed to work out. Although far from perfect, the defense was able to use the offside trap to some positive effect. Also, morale stayed pretty strong throughout the game. I didn't see anyone hanging their head.

What I (in my humble opinion) think we can improve on: perhaps just a bit more will to win- a bit more determination. I also think that everyone can agree that the passing could be much better. But that often improves with time. It would also be great if the whole team could be there at the designated time.

This loss kind of hit me hard. I hate losing. Better said, I love winning. Think I've said enough. Oh yeah. Next game is more of a home game, as I think none of us live in the valley. I may try to bring some cold beers up to Griffith. If we win, everyone gets one. If we lose, they go home with me. Something needs to motivate us ;)
Feel free to post with your choice of beer. Majority rules. Peter

No comments: